Sunday, September 11, 2011

Steve's Parents come to Texas

(Written by Taylor)
Saturday Sept 10. The day that I met Steves Parents. I met Steve at his house that early that afternoon, after he had Toastmasters, then we hung out, ate lunch, think we watched a movie, and he and I talked... We both were so excited. I was really ecited to see them and meet them. :) I knew that this was definitely a big deal. Sure he had met my family, and been around my family quite a bit, like to the point where my folks pretty much already thought of him as part of our family. we were anxiously waiting for them to come, and I was getting a little nervous.. just hoping that they would like me, and to make sure I dont get shy, just act like myself... so we go into Steves office and we turn on “the office” and no sooner we turn it on, then his parents were walking up the front walk... so up we jumped up and we went to greet them, they gave their hugs to Steve, then we all officially met and then gave each other hugs. - then they wanted to look at the house and make sure everything is going well with it... so we did that, looked at the yard. We decided to go to the hotel with them, let them check in, and do whatever they needed to do, then we’d go out for dinner, and walk around downtown.
So we did that...We went to the Reata for dinner, I’d never eaten there, it was delicious. we were there for a long time, we all chatted and caught up. I really had a wonderful time with them there. - Then we walked around for a few minutes, and then they headed back to their hotel and we and we headed back to Steves car.
Sunday the next morning, We all met up at the church and I signed a song. Since dad had just come back from Rehab, he really wasnt up to getting to church and sitting in pews and whatnot..so they werent able to go to church to meet them.after church we went to Roots. Roots had become a favorite of Steves... and we tend to like to go there after church on sundays. - so we all ordered and we grabbed a table we ate and chatted, then they were discussing the day. - now the plan was for us to have lunch then we go our separate ways - they would spend the rest of the time with steve, and i’d just go home... so i was not prepared for this.. (otherwise I would have brought clothes to change into or worn something different, besides my church clothes. but it was fine) - so --- they said something to indicate that i’d be going with them... and told them I thought they’d be spdnding the rest of the day with Steve... and they said no, we went you to come with us... - so we did... we went to Justin boots (his mom wanted some boots) --- then we went to the stockyards and we hung out walked around down there, then we went back to their hotel room and we rested (I was so thankful, i was so ready to take off my shoes. haha) then we went back out and went and had dinner at H3 Ranch, it was good, but we all agreed we should have went to coopers. :) haha. - then we went back to their hotel, we said our goodbyes, since they’d be leaving the next morning, and Steve took me back to my car (which was at Roots). It was such a wonderful weekend with them, I really had wished we would have been able to spend more time with them, but was so thankful that they were able to come out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment