Friday, August 26, 2011

visiting Dad and Steve preparing for Toastmaster Competition

(Written by Taylor)
Friday Aug. 26. On Tuesday the 22nd my (taylor's) Dad had double knee replacement, so over the past few days I had been visiting dad at the hospital and in rehab... Steve had mentioned to me earlier in the week that he wanted to see dad while he was in hospital, so we decided to go on Friday (that way we wouldnt be totally rushed...since the hospital was in Dallas...) - but we went to go visit him while he was in rehab. I know it meant alot to my dad that Steve came with me. We stayed for about an hour, and dad understood about us going to go get dinner and such (if I remember correctly I believe there was a game on the TV that he wanted to watch. since there wasn't television at home, he was taking advantage. :) but we visited, chatted, then we headed out, came back on my side of town and we decided to eat at Cheddars. it was really nice, we chatted and we both enjoyed our meals, Steve had a Speech Competition with his Toastmasters the next day so we decided to go back to his house to work on it. while we were in the car his brother, Jon called. - I’d never talked to him. - so we got on speaker phone, and Kendra (Jon’s Girlfriend) was with him, so the 4 of us were on speaker phone. and we all chatted for a little bit. it was already in the plans that they would be coming to ft worth in a few months (Oct. 21) but Steve's parents were coming in just a few weeks (Sept 10) - So anyways -- we talked with them, told them I was excited about meeting and seeing them already and everything. :) i was very excited.
So we went to Steves house, I think we did watch a movie or something, but then we started on his speech... It was for a "humorous Speech competition"--- He had been sort of thinking on it  the past few weeks, and he decided :The topic: Taylor and her family... He already had been kinda thinking on it for a little bit but so he gathered thoughts and tried to prepare for what he was going to say and everything, and he really did have a good outline... he had props and everythign, and it really was good. it was getting very late, and steve had to take me home.





No comments:

Post a Comment